DVBDream v1.4i + Windows 7 RC build 7100 + Screensavers

oldest posts, i.e. the issues probably dont exists or not valid anymore for the up-to-date DD version. Please let us know if the problems still exist.

Moderators: FredB, Dreamer

Satch
Just popping in
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 3:55 pm
Location: New Zealand

DVBDream v1.4i + Windows 7 RC build 7100 + Screensavers

Postby Satch » Mon May 04, 2009 4:01 pm

Hi,

I've noticed that since installing the Windows 7 RC build 7100 on my PC, DVBDream now prevents screensavers from starting. The way I have worked this out is by disabling start up items in MSCONFIG, and found that DVBDream is the culprit.

Using DVBDream in Windows 7 beta 7000 never caused any issues with screensavers.

Any ideas?

DVB card model: Hauppauge HVR-4000
Video card: Nvidia 8500GT
Satellite: Optus D1
ferrels
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 9:51 am

Postby ferrels » Mon May 11, 2009 10:51 am

No, but can you tell me what mpeg2 codec you're using under Windows 7? I'm was using CoreAVC for h.264 and InterVideo for mpeg2 under Vista and it all worked great until I upgraded to Windows 7. Now the mpeg2 codec refuses to work but the h.264 still works fine.
genpix skywalker-1
Satch
Just popping in
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 3:55 pm
Location: New Zealand

Postby Satch » Wed May 13, 2009 5:54 pm

ferrels wrote:No, but can you tell me what mpeg2 codec you're using under Windows 7? I'm was using CoreAVC for h.264 and InterVideo for mpeg2 under Vista and it all worked great until I upgraded to Windows 7. Now the mpeg2 codec refuses to work but the h.264 still works fine.


No. Start your own thread.
DVB card model: Hauppauge HVR-4000

Video card: Nvidia 8500GT

Satellite: Optus D1
patmos
Just can't stay away
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:00 am

Postby patmos » Tue May 19, 2009 7:52 am

Give and it will be given unto you. Why a new thread when all these issues pertain to using windows 7.We are all learning and try to help. If you would not like to tell what codecs you are using how would one know if ii is a codec issue. I know this forum is a bit slow but nevertheless let's keep it alive. Share our infos.
TBS 5922 USB
iMAC late 2012 /windows8 64bit vmware
3M prime motorised from AM33 (96.5 E) to AM44 (11W),
1.5m on Eutelsat 36A/B
2.4m solid with two LNBs on PAS 7/10 C/ku
60 cm on Eutelsat16A
Satch
Just popping in
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 3:55 pm
Location: New Zealand

Postby Satch » Tue May 19, 2009 3:50 pm

patmos wrote:Give and it will be given unto you. Why a new thread when all these issues pertain to using windows 7.We are all learning and try to help. If you would not like to tell what codecs you are using how would one know if ii is a codec issue. I know this forum is a bit slow but nevertheless let's keep it alive. Share our infos.


So your suggestion is to use one thread to discuss all things Windows 7 related??? Not a sensible idea I suggest...

And ferrels clearly said that he did not know the answer to my issue, but wanted to know what codecs I was using for a completely different reason. That is the exact reason why forums allow you to create new threads!

To answer the question and keep everyone happy (but myself), I don't view any TV within DVBDream. I use it to pass a feed to Windows 7 Media Center via DVBSBridge. So I don't use any codecs in DVBDream.
DVB card model: Hauppauge HVR-4000

Video card: Nvidia 8500GT

Satellite: Optus D1
User avatar
rel
relocation
Posts: 2015
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:50 am

Postby rel » Mon May 17, 2010 11:33 pm

this will be optional (DD to prevent screensaver/sleep mode) in next versions
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
Satch
Just popping in
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 3:55 pm
Location: New Zealand

Postby Satch » Tue May 18, 2010 1:08 am

rel wrote:this will be optional (DD to prevent screensaver/sleep mode) in next versions


Ha! A response 2 days less than a year later. Brilliant!

I've since moved away from DVBDream and am now using DVBViewer :)
DVB card model: Hauppauge HVR-4000

Video card: Nvidia 8500GT

Satellite: Optus D1

Return to “Rusty Posts”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests